Monday, April 4, 2011
Patriotic Pride
So I just came back from a field trip to Washington DC with 14 lovely - cranky, tired, whiny, petty - lovely middle schoolers. It was an exhausting adventure filled with monuments and rain and snow and cherry blossoms and museums and fast food and sunglasses and duck faces and photo opps and no iPods and hugs. It was crazy. And it made me grateful for many things- my job, despite the manic fatigue needed, but also grateful to be an American. I know that we can be an arrogant and ignorant nation with a history (present) of bigotry and bias, but we are also a nation of passionate perserverence and ambition. I know that I am privileged to be who I am, where I am and wish I could be more appreciative of the opportunities I have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment