While we were in DC, my kids and I came across a whole bunch of lost items... One of the boys found $50 in the bathroom of a restaurant. He turned it in to the manager. A girl found $2 on the sidewalk and gave it to a local street performer. In the House of Representatives cafeteria, I found a diamond and emerald earring stuck to my shoe and gave it to a cashier. We could gave capitalized on any of those opportunities, and probably lived with ourselves just fine. But we didn't. And today, karma said thank you.
I lost my engagement ring today. It fell out at the gym and I didn't realize it until I left. I freaked out, got all kinds of hysterical, panickedly raced back and- someone had turned it into the front desk. I was amazingly relieved. You have no idea how good I felt and the gratitude I had for the stranger who I'm SURE has some good karma coming her way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment